Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gonna go Andy Rooney on their Arse...

Do you ever wonder why...  we have traffic jams in Madison on the belt-line or interstate? 


It is because of Left Lane slow drivers!!!  Maybe this will get popular and people will get educated. 

Are you driving along in the left lane and no one is in front of you? ... is there a line behind you? ...  and there is room in the right lane to get over -- then do it!!  You are obstructing the flow of traffic and all of a sudden we have a serious back up.  This results in other drivers getting frustrated and then doing stupid things (this would be me) like accelerating quickly and then cutting in and out of traffic.  If folks were not buzzing around in their own world, oblivious to others, and were paying attention to the task at hand which is interacting with others on the road -- all with the common goal of efficiently and safely getting somewhere -- they would see there is a line behind them with no one in front.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!!  Is it really that hard to be aware of your surroundings while driving.  I feel this is a basic common courtesy and sign of respect to be aware of others in my environment.  If I don't want to go as fast as the person behind me, I move over to the right lane.  That is me being considerate and thoughtful.  Simple.  If folks were just a bit more aware and thoughtful, there would be a lot less traffic jams.  We just have to work together.

If you are on the cell-phone -- please please check in often as you are probably doing something stupid and or holding up somebody.  Really!  Next time you are driving and talking -- check around your area -- you are probably unaware that you are in fact dragging -- check it.

Now, through careful observation over many years from Texas and Wisconsin; as unscientific as this is, I have determined there is a large percentage of left lane slow drivers that are made up of pick-up truck drivers.  Wait wait!  Really. It gets better... A huge percentage of those pick-up truck drivers are Chevy drivers.  Really -- do your own study the next time you are stuck behind someone in the left lane with no one in front of them -- look up and you will most likely see a Chevy pick up or SUV like vehicle.  

 I have often thought of getting a little placard for my drivers-side rear window that says something to the effect of, "If you can read this, you need to move over".  This the Chevy pick-up truck driver would be able to read as I drive by.  Wait, scratch that -- probably not...

9 comments:

  1. I could not agree more!!! Chevy truck drivers are the absolute worst! Please take note of this and be sure to include GMC as part of chevy because they don't know how to drive, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for adding that about GMC Nathaniel -- very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ignitions should have a stupidity lockout device. Solve the puzzle, your engine starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be totally awesome Paul!!! And you totally get it! Would probably take out a lot of them Chevy pick-up drivers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who drives slow, I never even go in the left lane. It bothers me to see people who drive like me hogging the fast lane. Normally, I try to be a leftie in all I do in life, but when it comes to driving, I am part of the driving right :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haftta say Mistr. Norm, eye am one of those "left lane slow drivers" as yew wood say. I wanna tel yew my side ov the story and how I became one of these. One daaaaaaaaaaaaaay...I was juss drivin and talkin on my cellphone, not mindin any body elsis bizness, then all of a suden eye heer all these horns honkin in ma genral durection. So I proseed to flick out my cigrete at them. then theyz dint stop honkin, so then i threw out ma old beer cans that was sittin in the bag on ma seet that i was gonna recycle it. So then 1 guy poled over to the sholder and yelled GET THAT STINKIN CHEVY OFF THE ROAD!!!! I was shawkt by how meen he was. So I sold my chevy and bot a dodge pickup. Now I drive slow in the left lane wit ma new 1993 dodge pickup for the pure satisfakshen ov bein a asshole!!! YEEHAA!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ad says -- chevy truck month. Love it!

    ReplyDelete