Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Isn't Madison the Greatest!

Here we are in the last days of March (which is normally the dredges of winter), it is still a little colder than we would like it (especially after some of those teaser days we had not too long ago) and yet, Madison, in this great state of Wisconsin is such a great place to be.  

In spite of all the crap going on with Gov Walker and his cronies and how that has  cast a dark cloud over everything -- Spring is in the process of springing!  The snow drops have bloomed, crocuses have splayed their way up through the soil.  The early migratory birds are making their way, either back through or back home.  You see a few more bikes on the roads and paths throughout town.  

On top of spring springing, Madison has no shortage of activities -- no matter where your interest lie.  As things warm up so will the activity level as well.  Often times the frustration comes from deciding on what your NOT going to do, or what it is you have to pass up as there are too many great choices out there.  I could try to list some of these activities but that would be futile.  Without fail, someone would say -- oh, you shoulda mentioned this ,or that.  

Just check out the Isthmus for a good starting point for things to do.  There are other sources out there as well...  You know, I should be a source; tell me where your interest lie and I will guide you to a myriad of activities.

So this is my dilemma, Should I get a job?  I have no idea how I can squeeze in a 40 hour a week work gig with all that there is to do around here.  Can I make it my job to have fun in and around this town?  Did I mention we are in the dredges of winter?  I mean the best parts of the year for outdoor activity is just around the corner and I am already having too much fun.  Please believe me when I say I am so grateful to be living in an area such as this.  I mean I am now sitting in my favorite coffee shop (Cafe Zoma), I am piping some Joe Bonamassa through the headphones, while typing this.  Getting ready to go on a guided hike in Cherokee Marsh and doing all of this by bicycle. 
Oh hey, I am late.  I would edit this better but I better get going... Don't wanna miss anything...
Peace and vote April 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment